Thursday 15 May 2008

The Centenary Post

Would you 'Adam and Eve' it! This is the 100th post for The Rubbish Diet, which started just a few months ago in January.

I can't believe it was just four months ago.

It seems much longer than that.

I am also amazed that until this week, I haven't needed to put out the bin for 10 whole weeks (since the weigh-in at the beginning of March).

Before I started the blog, I had to put out the bin every couple of weeks because if I missed a collection there would be trouble...and nobody likes dealing with a backlog of waste!

The only reason I had to put it out this time was because of a polystyrene mishap...

...a tray which came with a meat joint that I picked up from a local farmers' market a couple of weeks ago.

Just one irregularity!

I obviously hadn't washed it out properly and the bin began to smell.

Oh...and there was the dead bird that the cats left on the doorstep....bad cats!

But have a peek at the contents of the bin!


...those bags sitting at the bottom represent 10 weeks of our family's landfill rubbish.

It's a shame to throw it away really (yes, really) as I am confident I could have gone for a whole year without having to put out that bin.

But eh...so little rubbish! That's not a bad way to celebrate the centenary post!

__________________________________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Rubbish Diet News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger