Wednesday 14 January 2009

Buying fish on my doorstep


"Are you interested in buying fish?" asked the man at the door.


"Well I'm a bit busy at the moment. Just finishing off my work!" I replied.

Work(?)...gerroff...I was just desparate to put the Eglu video on my blog. I looked at my watch. Time was tight and I'd soon have to pick up the kids from school.

Then came my inner nag. The one that said I should eat more fish along with the rest of the family. I paused. Do I? Don't I? Shall I? Shan't I?

"What's the packaging like?"

"It comes in recyclable cardboard box, which we can take off your hands - would you like me to show you?"

Now if a man wants to show me recyclable packaging, well you know I'm all ears.

And it was true. We went to the van to show me his frozen loins - cod loins of course - all packaged in a single recyclable polythene bag and safely stacked in a reusable or reyclable box.

So I paid my dues, took the fish and give him the box back. Ah...a simple solution for my bin and one less reason to go to the supermarket.

Fish pie anyone?


Huge thanks to Dave from Supreme Cuisine for agreeing to the photo.
________________________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Rubbish Diet News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger