Sunday 28 June 2009

Day 7: Sunday, a day of rest

And so it was...very restful indeed.

After what has felt like a very busy week, Recycle Week is now over.

I had great plans for today, but all I could do was sit or sleep. I think the events of the past seven days have caught up with me along with the drama of the trapped nerve in my back migrating to a bruised sensation at the top of my leg.

But at 6.30 this evening I had to be lively, because it's Sunday and it was time to pick up the Tetra Pak collection bin from our local church, Christ Church of Moreton Hall.

Just like last time, Reverend Jonathan Ford was there to greet me, this time with a bin that was about half-full with Tetra Paks.


So with one fell swoop, I whisked the contents along to the communal bin that was just along the car park towards the Community Centre.

It was looking good. In fact the big blue bin was so full it was positively overflowing. I couldn't believe it...all those folk dropping off their cartons.... it was only when I lifted the lid, did I discover a huge Flymo box buried under a collection of random boxes, all squeezed into the Tetra Pak bin.

I couldn't help feeling responsible for the unexpected extras, so pulled them out, revealing the true number of cartons that had been collected this week. It is almost full and I'm sure one more day and there'd be no space left.



Well as far as Recycle Week is concerned, I think that's most definitely my shift almost over. It's been busy but rewarding all the same. I'll be back with the British Mummy Blogger carnival tomorrow and on Wednesday, when I'll have an update on how Sal and James have been getting on at BBC Radio Suffolk.

Reverend Ford asked me earlier whether I'd be doing this again next year, because if I do, the church would like to get more involved.

Do you know what...

I may feel exhausted by the events of the week and more in need of a holiday than ever I was before,

But next year eh?

Yes I most definitely think so and with more preparation, I think it could be bigger and better.

It's been a great week and huge thanks go to everyone in my online community and local area for supporting my pledge for Recycle Week.

I really hope I managed to help folk waste less over the last seven days.

And all I can say is, if I'm up for doing it all again next year .... anyone up for joining me?

_________________________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Rubbish Diet News Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger